Following a motion approved by the US Bankruptcy Court on June 5, 2018, Metal Shark has acquired the assets of Horizon Shipbuilding.
With the acquisition, Metal Shark assumes ownership of a fully developed 35-acre shipbuilding facility in the Mobile Bay region, with separate east and west yards both fronting a dredged deepwater inlet.
The facility boasts a total of nine assembly buildings; a 660-tonne Travelift; multiple cranes, CNC plasma cutters, welders, and other fixtures supporting the construction of steel and aluminium vessels.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Amelia and Johan – Purpose built cats boost Hawaii’s scuba diving charter industry
- VESSEL REVIEW | SST Grizzly and SST Orca – Escort tug beasts for British Columbia
- FEATURE | BIMCO: Maritime powers need to deploy in Gulf of Guinea
- FEATURE | US container imports break records but uncertainty lies ahead
- FEATURE | Battle for the supply chain to aide container supply-demand balance