Following a motion approved by the US Bankruptcy Court on June 5, 2018, Metal Shark has acquired the assets of Horizon Shipbuilding.
With the acquisition, Metal Shark assumes ownership of a fully developed 35-acre shipbuilding facility in the Mobile Bay region, with separate east and west yards both fronting a dredged deepwater inlet.
The facility boasts a total of nine assembly buildings; a 660-tonne Travelift; multiple cranes, CNC plasma cutters, welders, and other fixtures supporting the construction of steel and aluminium vessels.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding