Caspian Sea transport company Kazmortransflot has accepted delivery of its third Damen-designed workboat.
The 27-metre vessel Irgiz has been configured to deliver a top speed of more than 11 knots and a bollard pull of more than 40 tonnes.
Built at Damen Shipyards Gorinchem, the RMRS-classified vessel will be used for towing structures and other vessels, assisting ships, navigational assistance, the planting and handling of anchors, and other auxiliary ship duties.
Irgiz joins sister vessels Emba and Talas, which were handed over to the Kazakhstan-based company in September.
- FEATURE | Tradewinds 2018 and the Caribbean’s maritime security challenges
- FEATURE | Two cheers for the new Caspian Sea convention
- EDITORIAL | Innovation and standardisation are not necessarily contradictory words
- Chilean Navy orders Antarctic research vessel
- Vasiliko Terminal Services purchases tug under construction at Damen Shipyards