Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL) held an official naming ceremony for a new icebreaking LNG carrier at Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering's (DSME) facilities in South Korea on Thursday, July 18.
The 299- by 50-metre vessel, which was jointly ordered by MOL and China COSCO Shipping Corporation, has been christened Nikolay Urvantsev in honour of a celebrated Russian Arctic explorer and geologist.
Nikolay Urvantsev is a sister vessel of Vladimir Rusanov and Vladimir Vize, which began operating under a long-term charter contract to transport LNG for the Yamal projects 1 and 2 in 2018.
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fifth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Jiangsu Zhenjiang delivers ice-class tug to Tangshan operator
- Chinese longliner catches fire off Tuvalu
- COLUMN | The rise of the Southeast Asian coast guards [NAVAL GAZING]
- Caspian Offshore Construction takes delivery of Damen ice-class tug