Mumbai-based shipping company Mercator has sold a 333- by 60-metre VLCC to an unnamed buyer, the company said in an April 30 filing with the National Stock Exchange of India.
The 2006-built Nerissa has been sold for a total consideration of US$27.5 million, the proceeds of which are being used to reduce the company’s debt and other liabilities.
Mercator had originally acquired the VLCC from Taiwan’s TMT for US$170 million in 2008.
- HSL delivers fourth of six tugs in series to Indian Navy
- Indian Navy's newest submarine rescue vehicle completes acceptance trials
- Fesco acquires 822TEU vessel
- Seajacks conditonally awarded turbine installation contract offshore Taiwan
- India's first locally-built aircraft carrier to be delivered in 2021, navy official says