Zvezda Shipyard and Sovcomflot have signed a contract for the construction of an LNG carrier for the Arctic LNG-2 project.
The ship is scheduled for delivery in the first quarter of 2023.
It will be fitted with a bow capable of overcoming ice up to 2.1 metres thick.
- Three killed, three injured in Russian tanker explosion
- Sovcomflot extends charter for survey ship Vyacheslav Tikhonov
- Russian and Chinese firms form hydrocarbon shipping joint venture
- Sovcomflot, VEB.RF sign financing contracts for LNG-fuelled MR tanker newbuildings
- Zvezda cuts steel for fourth Aframax tanker for Rosnefteflot