Zvezda Shipyard and Sovcomflot have signed a contract for the construction of an LNG carrier for the Arctic LNG-2 project.
The ship is scheduled for delivery in the first quarter of 2023.
It will be fitted with a bow capable of overcoming ice up to 2.1 metres thick.
SHI bags order for 10 LNG-fueled crude carriers
in Tanker World
Russia bans Norwegian cruise ship from sailing through Arctic waters
- Builder's trials begin for Russia's new Project 636.3 sub
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic
- Research ship Akademik Alexandrov begins acceptance trials
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy