Hudong Zhonghua Shipbuilding and DNV GL have signed an agreement to jointly develop a 270,000-cubic-metre ship which will become the largest LNG carrier in the world.
Research and development work on the vessel is expected to be complete by the end of 2020.
The ship will be able to transport LNG at temperatures as low as -163 degrees Celsius.
- DNV GL, Oshima to collaborate on zero emission bulker designs
- Hudong Zhonghua delivers sixth 13,000t heavy lift ship to Zeamarine
- Ex-PLAN frigate handed over to Sri Lanka
- Jiangsu Zhenjiang delivers towing and pilotage vessel pair to Tianjin Port
- Philippine fishing boat sinks after alleged collision near Spratlys