Hyundai Heavy Industries (HHI) has won orders for three very large crude carriers (VLCCs) from European shipowners.
The contracts for three vessels plus one option have an estimated total value of ₩320 billion (US$286 million).
Each VLCC will have a length of 330 metres, a width of 60 metres, and a displacement of 300,000 tonnes.
The three vessels will be delivered sequentially beginning in the second half of 2020.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding