Sovcomflot has placed an order with Zvezda Shipyard for three new product carriers that will use LNG as their primary fuel.
The three 51,000DWT MR-class vessels will transport petroleum products and gas condensate and will be chartered to Novatek under long-term time charter agreements.
Each tanker will have an ice class of 1B, enabling safe operations in areas with challenging ice conditions, including the Baltic Sea.
The technical specification of the tankers will reflect the international regulatory limits on sulphur, nitrogen, and greenhouse gas emissions, which will come into effect in 2020.
SHI bags order for 10 LNG-fueled crude carriers
in Tanker World
Russia bans Norwegian cruise ship from sailing through Arctic waters
- Builder's trials begin for Russia's new Project 636.3 sub
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic
- Research ship Akademik Alexandrov begins acceptance trials
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy