Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) has been contracted to build two LNG carriers for an unnamed customer for a total cost of KRW400 billion (US$353.8 million).
The company has also been contracted to build an LNG carrier for another unnamed customer for a cost of KRW211 billion (US$186.63 million).
SHI’s new order total for 2018 now stands at 45 vessels, 14 of which are LNG carriers.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy