The naming ceremony for Boris Sokolov, the world’s first Arctic condensate tanker, was held at Guangzhou Shipyard International’s facility on Tuesday, December 4.
It will be used primarily to transport gas condensate from the Sabetta LNG terminal on the Yamal Peninsula to customers in Europe and Asia.
The 44,500-tonne vessel also comes equipped with tools that can break ice layers up to 1.8 metres thick while sailing at two knots.
Boris Sokolov will soon be handed over to Dynacom Tankers Management of Greece.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy