Daewoo Shipbuilding and Marine Engineering (DSME) will build two large LNG carriers for two unnamed US-based shipping companies.
The US$3.7 billion contract also includes four options which is expected to generate additional orders in 2019.
The 174,000-cubic-metre vessels will be constructed at DSME’s Okpo shipyard and will be delivered beginning in the first half of 2021.
- Wreck of WWII-era US patrol boat found off Maine
- New response boat delivered to US Coast Guard station in Burlington
- Nearly two million litres of oil recovered from WWII-era shipwreck off New York
- Foss' newest tug additions begin work in Alaska's North Slope
- US tug operator pleads guilty in Canada for 2016 BC oil spill