Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha (“K” Line) recently took delivery of a newbuild very large gas carrier (VLGC) at the Sakaide Shipyard of Kawasaki Heavy Industries.
Genesis River will be operated by Japanese liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) company Gyxis Corporation under a time charter contract with “K” Line that commenced on November 20.
The 54,149DWT vessel has an LOA of 230 metres, a width of 37.2 metres, a full draught of 11.2 metres, and a cargo tank capacity of 82,400 cubic metres.
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Naming ceremony held for JERA’s second 80,300DWT LNG carrier
- Taizhou Kouan delivers 38,000DWT bulker to Schulte Group
- Hyundai Heavy Industries delivers LNG carrier to SK Shipping
- Former JMSDF commander warns of Chinese sub plan for Senkaku Islands