Babcock Schulte Energy (BSE), a joint venture between UK-based Babcock International and Bernhard Schulte Shipmanagement (BSM), recently took delivery of the world’s largest LNG bunker supply vessel.
The 7,500-cubic-metre Kairos was built by Hyundai Mipo Dockyards in South Korea. The first steel was cut in November 2017 and the keel was laid early this year.
Kairos will be deployed to the Baltic region to serve a number of clients. Capable of performing both ship-to-ship bunkering and transshipment operations, the vessel will be used for the LNG fueling of both ships and shore-based gas consumers.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VOLVO PENTA DEMONSTRATION DAY | Helm-to-prop updates for D4/D6 engine range
- First F125 frigate commissioned into German Navy
- C-Innovation to perform RLWI work for BP
- Prysmian secures DolWin5 grid connection for offshore wind farms in Germany
- Failure of towboat company to follow safety policies led to fatal capsizing, NTSB report finds