A newbuild very large crude carrier (VLCC) equipped with a sail propulsion system prototype has completed five days of successful sea trials.
The trials were conducted by Dalian Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (DSIC) and China Merchants Energy Shipping (CMES) using the 300,000-tonne New Vitality.
DSIC claims that this is the first application of this novel wind power propulsion system on a Chinese commercial vessel.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy