On June 29, Okskaya Sudoverf delivered Belmax 3, the third in a series of ten non-self-propelled oil barges of Project ROB20 to the State Transport Leasing Company.
The shallow-draught double-hull oil barge design was developed by Marine Engineering Bureau.
The vessels are intended for transportation of petroleum products, primarily fuel oil, with a flashpoint of 61ºC and above and feature an improved level of environmental friendliness.
The barges will be operated by Belmax Shipping Company on the Belaya, Kama and Volga rivers.
The original contract for Project ROB20 oil barges was signed on October 31, 2017.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials