Damen Shipyards is scheduled to deliver an inland coastal tanker to Navios South American Logistics by the end of the month.
The 5,000DWT Elena H will make her maiden voyage from the Netherlands to Argentina on her own keel, where she will remain permanently in local waters.
Instead of installing a ballast water management system for the single trip, Damen will supply the ship with clean D2-standard ballast water for the single trip.
Navios Logistics is a subsidiary of Navios Maritime. Following the delivery of Elena H, Navios Logistics will have eight product tankers in its fleet.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VOLVO PENTA DEMONSTRATION DAY | Helm-to-prop updates for D4/D6 engine range
- First F125 frigate commissioned into German Navy
- C-Innovation to perform RLWI work for BP
- Prysmian secures DolWin5 grid connection for offshore wind farms in Germany
- Failure of towboat company to follow safety policies led to fatal capsizing, NTSB report finds