Probunkers’ LNG bunkering project is underway, with the company signing ABS to a joint development program to provide technical support.
Probunkers is designing a fleet of specialist LNG bunker vessels for key ports around the world including Houston, Rotterdam, Gibraltar, Singapore, Hong Kong, Busan and Fujairah.
ABS will work with Probunkers to provide regulatory compliance guidance for the fleet as well as define applicable rules and standards.
ABS will also identify technical and operational challenges and advise on technological solutions in a range of areas including capacity, dimensions of the vessels in relation to port restrictions, required power and speed, propulsion and manoeuvring systems.
Suitability analysis of available technologies for cargo containment, LNG handling and transfer systems and boil-off handling systems is also a significant aspect of the joint development.
- Unmanned vehicles to be deployed on Singapore’s MRCVs
- Jan De Nul launches fourth ultra-low emission vessel
Schulte Group launches dedicated venture capital unit for maritime startups
in Ship World
- ST Engineering launches new maritime security vessel designs
- Griffon Hoverwork wins new hovercraft orders
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding