Avic Dingheng Shipyard in China has launched the first of two product and chemical tankers for Sirius Shipping.
Saturnus, a 9,850m3 and 7,999DWT tanker at 98 per cent filling ratio, has 11 cargo tanks.
The vessel follows designs by FKAB Marine Design.
The ship will be delivered in October 2018. Her sister ship, Mercurius, will be delivered in January 2019.
Sirius Shipping has already made agreements for the employment of both vessels. Saturnus will go on a time charter to Esso in Norway and Mercurius will go on a time charter to Preem.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy