Gothia Tanker Alliance partner Älvtank has named the first of its two climate-smart tankers Ramanda.
Built at China's Avic Dingheng Shipbuilding, the 16,300DWT Ramanda has a 20,000-cubic-metre cargo capacity.
The 149.9-metre by 22.8-metre vessel has a 4,500kW main engine and an operating speed of 13 knots.
Ramanda is one of six identical vessels ordered by the alliance.
Construction started in autumn 2017 and deliveries are scheduled for June 2018 and March 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Awilco orders second semi-submersible drilling rig from Keppel FELS
- Jiangsu Zhenjiang cuts steel for seven tugs for COSCO Shipping Bulk
- Royal IHC to build second TSHD for National Marine Dredging Company
- McDermott awarded Middle East offshore EPCI contract
- Topaz and BP sign contract extension for 12 vessels