Gothia Tanker Alliance partner Älvtank has named the first of its two climate-smart tankers Ramanda.
Built at China's Avic Dingheng Shipbuilding, the 16,300DWT Ramanda has a 20,000-cubic-metre cargo capacity.
The 149.9-metre by 22.8-metre vessel has a 4,500kW main engine and an operating speed of 13 knots.
Ramanda is one of six identical vessels ordered by the alliance.
Construction started in autumn 2017 and deliveries are scheduled for June 2018 and March 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy