Gothia Tanker Alliance partner Älvtank has named the first of its two climate-smart tankers Ramanda.
Built at China's Avic Dingheng Shipbuilding, the 16,300DWT Ramanda has a 20,000-cubic-metre cargo capacity.
The 149.9-metre by 22.8-metre vessel has a 4,500kW main engine and an operating speed of 13 knots.
Ramanda is one of six identical vessels ordered by the alliance.
Construction started in autumn 2017 and deliveries are scheduled for June 2018 and March 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia