A June launch has been scheduled for the first of four dual-fuel coastal tankers for Thun Tankers.
The E-class series of 8,000DWT vessels are being built at Sheepswerf Ferus Smit in the Netherlands.
Delivery is scheduled from the fourth quarter of 2018 to 2021.
The 115-metre by 15.8-metre tanker has a 9,500-cubic-metre capacity and an Ice Class 1A rating.
The Erik Thun Group has 12 newbuildings on order. They include six intermediate-size tankers.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Over 200 evacuated following chemical leak on Swedish ferry
- Turkey abandons salvage efforts on sunken cargo ship
- NTSB cites overloading, poor stability assessment in fatal fishing boat capsizing
- Robert Allan Ltd, MTU unveil design of LNG-fueled pushboat
- Prosafe platform gets fourth contract extension under Equinor