British ship designer ICE Marine Design has developed a “milk run” LNG distribution tanker in partnership with a gas ship operator.
Featuring a cargo capacity of 20,000 cubic metres, the tanker contains gas in two type C semi-pressurised and refrigerated bi-lobe cargo tanks.
The vessel’s dual-fuel propulsion system is designed to operate on boil-off gas (BOG). The vessel can also run to comply with sulphur emission control area restrictions.
The low draught and high manoeuvrability allows it to supply LNG to terminals and end users in remote locations.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy