Malaysia's Tuong Aik has delivered a Wang Sang and Associates-designed multi-purpose cargo-carrying landing craft to owner MHA Shipping.
To be operated by Switzerland's Horn Maritime, Laetitia V will be used to transport equipment, containers, fresh water and other cargo in various parts of West Africa. She is able to carry some classes of dangerous goods as per the IMDG and IMSBC codes.
The landing craft is powered by 1,500kW Caterpillar engines with a maximum speed of 11 knots and a maximum payload of 1,600 tonnes, with a deadweight of 1,710 tonnes.
To fulfil a wide range of trans-shipment tasks, Laetitia V was designed with 672 square metres of deck area with a deck strength of 10 tonnes per metre square.
She is able to carry 64 containers (60 standard TEU plus four IMDG containers). With fuel oil and long range fuel oil capacity of 770 and 340 tonnes respectively, and fresh water capacity of 700 tonnes, the vessel has a maximum endurance of 130 days with a range of 3,400 nautical miles.
With the support of her powerful, five-tonne bow thruster, she is able to dock at any type of harbour or coastal area without any assistance, a critical design requirement.
|Type of vessel:||Landing craft boxship|
|Port of registry:||Majuro|
|Operator:||Horn Maritime, Switzerland|
|Designer:||Wang Sang and Associates, Malaysia|
|Builder:||Tuong Aik Shipyard, Malaysia|
|Hull construction material:||Steel|
|Length overall:||67.818 metres|
|Length bp:||63.977 metres|
|On-deck container capacity:||64 TEU|
|Main engines:||2 x Caterpillar C32, each 746kW @ 1,800rpm|
|Gearboxes:||2 x Reintjes WAF562L|
|Auxiliary engine/s:||2 x Caterpillar C6.6, each 143ekW|
|Generator:||Leroy Somer M46.2 M5|
|Side thruster:||Nakashima TFN-300|
|Maximum speed:||12 knots|
|Electronics supplied by:||JRC|
|Compass:||Lilley and Gillie MK2000|
ECDIS by JRC JAN-2000;
VSAT by Sailor 800;
Cargo system by Krone
Siong Ping Engineering
Amco Veba, 807NTFM knuckle boom
|Type of fuel:||Gas oil|
Chittagong shipbreaking yard explosion kills two, injures five
in Tanker World
- Bumi Armada secures third FPSO project in India
- Malaysia detains six Vietnamese boats for illegal fishing
- Malaysia’s first littoral mission ship launched in China
- COLUMN | Bourbon and its management in the dock after suitcase of cash is found at Marseille airport [Offshore Accounts]
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding