APM Terminals has decided to divest its container terminal in Izmir, Turkey, to current partner Azerbaijan state-owned oil and gas company SOCAR as it is better suited to further develop the terminal.
APM, however, will continue to manage the facility, which will be called Petlim Container Terminal following the change of ownership at the end of the year.
Located in Aliaga, the terminal remains the largest container terminal in Turkey’s Aegean Region, with an annual capacity of 1,300,000 TEU.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Tour boat damaged, five injured following collision with yacht near Aeolian Islands
- Vietnamese boat detained for illegal fishing in Southern Philippines
- Brevik Fergeselskap orders electric ferry from Holland Shipyards
- Construction temporarily halted on Havila Kystruten cruise ship pair
- US Navy issues draft RFP for corvette-sized USVs