The 312-year-old Helen Delich Bentley Port of Baltimore has reported its best quarter ever during the first quarter of 2018.
A total of 2,765,247 tonnes of general cargo crossed the public piers during the first three months of 2018, eight per cent more than the first quarter of 2017, which was 2,560,065 tonnes.
The port also handled 156,991 containers during the first quarter, a 14 per cent jump over 2017 which was a record year for containers at the Port of Baltimore.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials