A memorandum of understanding (MoU) has been signed between China Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) and Edo State to develop the Gelegele Seaport and other transport infrastructure in Benin.
Governor Godwin Obaseki said the seaport would serve as the gateway for exporting manufactured goods from the under-construction Benin Industrial Park and other manufacturing companies in the region.
The Chinese company is already handling the construction, dredging and excavation for a waterfront development at Yanbu, Saudi Arabia and Nigeria Port Authority’s Lagos moles repair project.
Joint probe finds 'state actor' to blame for Fujairah tanker attacks
in Tanker World
- COLUMN | With dredging, beauty is in the eye of the beholder [The Boroscope]
- McDermott awarded two Saudi Aramco EPCI contracts
- James Fisher acquires Saudi Arabia’s Murjan
- Noble to buy second newbuild jack-up rig from PaxOcean
Latest from Baird Maritime
- BP oil rig voyage to North Sea repeatedly hindered by protesters
- VESSEL REVIEW | Ada Clara – Ultra-luxurious multi-role fishing vessel for Western Australia
- Burnham-on-Sea RNLI christens newest lifeboat
- Wight Shipyard launches new windfarm support vessel series
- Matson christens first Kanaloa-class Con-Ro