Singapore's Berge Bulk has taken delivery of the second 300,000DWT very large ore carrier (VLOC) in a series from Guangzhou Shipyard International (GSI).
Named Berge Mafadi, the newbuild has an LOA of 327 metres, a beam of 57 metres, a depth of 28.7 metres, and a design draught of 21.4 metres. Its six cargo holds can each carry up to 50,000 tonnes.
The manufacturer claims the vessel and its identical sister Berge Logan, which was delivered last March, are among the largest bulk carriers in terms of deadweight to be built in China.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service