United Shipbuilding Corporation's (USC) Krasnoye Sormovo yard has delivered a newbuild dry cargo carrier to local operator Pola Rise.
Named Idel 2, it is the second of four Project RSD59 ships ordered from Krasnoye Sormovo by Pola Rise and the State Transport Leasing Company. Launching took place on April 5 and mooring and sea trials were carried out in the succeeding weeks.
The vessel is designed for transport of both general and bulk cargo including lumber, scrap metal, and coal.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service