Athens-based DryShips has acquired a bulk carrier for approximately US$50 million from an entity connected to company chairman and CEO George Economou.
No details about the vessel have been disclosed by the company besides the fact that it is a Newcastlemax bulk carrier built in 2017.
The vessel is expected to be delivered to DryShips in the second quarter of 2019. TMS Dry has agreed to manage the vessel along with others in the DryShips fleet.
- Diana Shipping bulker chartered by HK's Ausca
- Capital Product Partners secures MSC long-term charters for two containerships
- Diana Shipping awarded Uniper time charter contract
- Ship operator, two crew face federal charges in US in water pollution case involving dumping of oily waste
- Italian joint venture acquires majority stake in Greece's Zouros