UK shipbuilder Cammell Laird has completed building Red Kestrel, the first freight-only Ro-Ro to be operated by Isle of Wight-based Red Funnel.
The vessel has just begun undergoing sea trials and will enter service on the Isle of Wight-Southampton route in May following an official naming ceremony.
The £10 million (US$13 million) Red Kestrel has a length of 74 metres and a freight capacity of 265 lane metres.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy