Norway-based United European Car Carriers (UECC), jointly owned by NYK and Wallenius Lines, has signed a contract for the construction of two new pure car and truck carriers (PCTCs) plus options for two additional vessels with China Shipbuilding Trading and Jiangnan Shipyard Group.
Each vessel will have an LOA of 169 metres, a width of 28 metres, capacity for up to 3,600 cars on 10 cargo decks, and a battery hybrid LNG propulsion system.
Shanghai Merchant Ship Design and Research Institute will provide the design of the vessels.
Delivery of the first PCTC is scheduled for 2021.
BOOK REVIEW | China’s Maritime Gray Zone Operations
in Book Reviews
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- Helge Ingstad repairs to cost more than new warship acquisition, Norwegian report claims
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding