Chengxi Shipyard has delivered the newbuild bulk carrier BLC First to a Singaporean operator.
The vessel has an LOA of 229 metres, a width of 32.26 metres, a design draught of 12.2 metres, and a deadweight of 81,200 tonnes.
The company claims the cover area of BLC First’s hatches being increased by 10 per cent compared to those on earlier vessels in the same series will help make loading and unloading of cargo more efficient, thereby reducing port turnaround time.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines’ first missile-capable frigate to be launched on May 23
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Jiangsu Hantong launches fourth 82,000DWT bulker for Oldendorff
- Viking wins Norwegian Police Service patrol boat contract
- New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia