French automobile manufacturer Renault has partnered with designer and operator Neoline for the development of two wind-powered vehicle carriers to reduce the carbon footprint of the company’s supply chain.
The three-year project aims to build two vessels in time for delivery during the 2020-2021 timeframe.
As part of the project, Renault and Neoline are currently developing a proof-of-concept vessel measuring 136 metres in length and with 4,200 square metres of sail area.
- Cargo ship carrying cocaine worth US$148 million seized off Portuguese coast
- France orders four replenishment tankers from Naval Group
- Australia and Naval Group sign A$50 billion submarine contract
- Naval Group partners with Royal IHC for Netherlands submarine replacement bid
- Padmos delivers first of two trawlers to Scapak