Canada’s Algoma Central has decided to cancel its four newbuild construction contracts with an unnamed Croatian shipyard.
The decision comes following the shipyard’s failure to secure refinancing and to provide assurance that it will be able to complete the four vessels ordered by the Ontario-based bulk carrier operator.
Algoma will seek reimbursement for contract instalments paid till date, including issuing demands under related refund guarantees.
- US Coast Guard detains Canadian national for drug trafficking at sea
- PGS and TGS to conduct joint surveys offshore Canada
- VESSEL REVIEW | Omiš – Croatian Navy launches first of new patrol vessel series
- New rescue boat delivered to Innisfail Fire Department
- Polarcus to conduct 3D seismic survey for Africa Energy