Star Bulk Carriers has closed the acquisition of 15 dry bulk vessels from Songa Bulk for an aggregate of 13.725 million common shares of Star Bulk and US$145 million in cash.
Star Bulk is a global shipping company providing worldwide seaborne transportation solutions in the dry bulk sector.
Once the ships are delivered, Star Bulk will have a fleet of 108 vessels, with an aggregate capacity of 12.26 million DWT.
The fleet will consist of 17 Newcastlemax, 18 Capesize, 2 mini-Capesize, seven post-Panamax, 35 Kamsarmax, two Panamax, 16 ultramax and 11 Supramax vessels with carrying capacities between 52,055DWT and 209,537DWT.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Philippines to order two more warships from South Korean builder
- DPIRD conducts Gascoyne pink snapper fishery protection patrols
- US firm approves NOK 2.3 billion loan for new wind farm for O&G platforms
- Death toll in Bay of Bengal vessel fire climbs to three
- Team RB-M consortium delivers response boat pair for Jordanian navy