Star Bulk Carriers has closed the acquisition of 15 dry bulk vessels from Songa Bulk for an aggregate of 13.725 million common shares of Star Bulk and US$145 million in cash.
Star Bulk is a global shipping company providing worldwide seaborne transportation solutions in the dry bulk sector.
Once the ships are delivered, Star Bulk will have a fleet of 108 vessels, with an aggregate capacity of 12.26 million DWT.
The fleet will consist of 17 Newcastlemax, 18 Capesize, 2 mini-Capesize, seven post-Panamax, 35 Kamsarmax, two Panamax, 16 ultramax and 11 Supramax vessels with carrying capacities between 52,055DWT and 209,537DWT.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west