The two cargo vessels Spanish Zamakona Yards is building for Royal Arctic Line will be designed by Havyard Design and Solutions.
The two vessels will operate in northwest Greenland, which makes stringent requirements of the vessels' design, as they will operate in a rough climate, sail in and out of shallow ports, meet ice-class requirements and comply with the Polar Code.
The vessels are scheduled for delivery in 2020.
They will take over from the vessels Pajuttaat and Vestlandia, which were built in 1979 and 1983, respectively.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Belgium orders new research vessel
- VESSEL REVIEW | Klara 1 – High quality for high pressure times
- VESSEL REVIEW | Fathom – Canadian resort's new taxi/tourist boat
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raiymbek Batyr – Part of a six-vessel tug fleet for Khazakstan
- VLCC equipped with sail propulsion system completes sea trials