Geneva-based SwissMarine Services has signed a time-charter contract for Diana Shipping’s Capesize dry bulk vessel Houston.
Under the deal, the Greek dry bulk ship owner’s 177,729DWT Houston is being hired at a gross charter rate of US$19,000 per day for a period of nine to 11 months.
The charter, which is expected to start on May 9, will generate about US$4.85 million of gross revenue for the minimum scheduled period.
The 2009-built vessel is currently chartered to the company at a gross charter rate of US$10,000 per day.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Over 200 evacuated following chemical leak on Swedish ferry
- Turkey abandons salvage efforts on sunken cargo ship
- NTSB cites overloading, poor stability assessment in fatal fishing boat capsizing
- Robert Allan Ltd, MTU unveil design of LNG-fueled pushboat
- Prosafe platform gets fourth contract extension under Equinor