Rotterdam-based Glencore Agriculture has signed a charter contract for one of Diana Shipping’s Panamax dry bulk vessels.
The charter for the 2007-built Arethusa begins on April 25 for US$12,600 a day for between 12 and 15 months.
The 73,593DWT Arethusa has been working for Singapore’s Noble Resources International at a daily rate of US$7,200.
Diana Shipping said that the employment is anticipated to generate US$4.5 million of gross revenue for the minimum scheduled charter.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Two more charged in deadly Missouri duck boat sinking
- Onezhsky Shipbuilding launches Project 3265 buoy tender
- Mermaid Maritime secures US$65 million loan facility for financing of DSV pair
- Apache North Sea awards second contract extension for Esvagt Observer
- Alaska's largest ferry to be taken out of service