Luxembourg’s United Bulk Carriers International has entered a time charter contract for a Panamax dry bulk vessel with Athens-based Diana Shipping.
Expected to start on April 20, the charter for the 76,225DWT vessel Melia is for a minimum of 17 months to a maximum of 20 months.
The gross charter rate is US$12,000 per day, minus a five per cent commission paid to third parties.
The contract is expected to generate US$6.1 million of gross revenue for the minimum period.
Built in 2005, Melia has been chartered to Nidera, Roma, at a gross charter rate of US$9,500 per day, minus a five per cent commission paid to third parties.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west