Japan Marine United (JMU) delivered a newbuild 14,000TEU containership to local operator Chidori Ship Holding on Friday, April 19.
Named One Apus, the ship can carry 18 by 11 containers in the hold and another 20 by nine containers on the deck.
The newbuild has a length of 364.15 metres, a beam of 50.6 metres, a depth of 29.5 metres, a full load draught of 15.79 metres, and a speed of 22.5 knots.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Future amphibious assault ship USS Tripoli completes builder's trials
- South Korean bulker boarded by pirates in South China Sea
- Saipem tapped to build wind farm offshore Saudi Arabia
- Hapag Lloyd, ONE to launch Middle East-India-Africa service
- Taiwan's first locally-built windfarm barge sails on maiden voyage