Japan Marine United (JMU) delivered a newbuild 14,000TEU containership to local operator Chidori Ship Holding on Friday, April 19.
Named One Apus, the ship can carry 18 by 11 containers in the hold and another 20 by nine containers on the deck.
The newbuild has a length of 364.15 metres, a beam of 50.6 metres, a depth of 29.5 metres, a full load draught of 15.79 metres, and a speed of 22.5 knots.
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
- Naming ceremony held for JERA’s second 80,300DWT LNG carrier
- Taizhou Kouan delivers 38,000DWT bulker to Schulte Group
- Hyundai Heavy Industries delivers LNG carrier to SK Shipping