Crowley Maritime christened the US-flagged LNG-powered Con-Ro ship Taíno in San Juan, Puerto Rico, on Friday, February 22.
The ship is named in honour of the indigenous people who were the first inhabitants of Puerto Rico and other Caribbean island nations.
Like its sister ship Coquí which entered service in 2018, Taíno has a length of 219.5 metres, a deadweight of 26,500 tonnes, a speed of 22 knots, and a maximum capacity of 2,400 TEUs.
Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Grand Calumet River cleanup to begin
- USACE awards contract for Fairport Harbor dredging
- Huangpu Wenchong delivers second of six 1,400TEU vessels to Containerships
New fireboat delivered to Rabun County, Georgia
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Octomar takes delivery of Damen CTV
- Irving Shipbuilding to build AOPS pair for Canadian Coast Guard
- One killed, four injured in South Korean warship docking mishap
- Carnival cruise ship rescues distressed mariner from sinking boat in Mexican waters
- Indobaruna’s newest cement carrier launched at Fukuoka Shipbuilding