South Korea’s Sinokor Merchant Marine has contracted three shipyards in China to build 20 containerships that will be delivered during the 2020-2021 timeframe.
China State Shipbuilding Corporation (CSSC) Chengxi Shipyard and Huangpu Wenchong Shipbuilding will each build eight 1,100TEU vessels while Jiangnan Shipyard will provide four 2,400TEU newbuilds.
This is Sinokor’s second significant multi-vessel purchase following an order placed for 20 newbuild Newcastlemax bulk carriers with Jinhai Intelligent Manufacturing in May 2018.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Collision with tanker may have caused fishing boat to capsize, Norwegian investigators claim
- Piriou begins building OPV trio for Argentina
- Sevmash Shipbuilding launches drone-capable submarine
- Qatar Petroleum initiates shipbuilding programme for more than 100 new LNG carriers
- TechnipFMC awarded ConocoPhillips EPCI contract