The naming ceremony for COSCO Shipping Sagittarius, the ninth 20,000TEU ultra-large container ship (ULCS) of the COSCO Shipping constellation series, was held at the shipyard of Shanghai Waigaoqiao Shipbuilding on Thursday, October 18.
COSCO Shipping Sagittarius will serve on the Far East-Northwest Europe loop (AEU3).
Classed by both DNV-GL and China Classification Society, it has an LOA of 399.8 metres, a moulded width of 58.6 metres, and a maximum draught of 16 metres.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VOLVO PENTA DEMONSTRATION DAY | Helm-to-prop updates for D4/D6 engine range
- First F125 frigate commissioned into German Navy
- C-Innovation to perform RLWI work for BP
- Prysmian secures DolWin5 grid connection for offshore wind farms in Germany
- Failure of towboat company to follow safety policies led to fatal capsizing, NTSB report finds