Scotline has taken up an option for a second newbuild with the Royal Bodewes Group.
The original contract for a 4,785DWT containership, was announced in March.
The vessels will have a length of 89.98 metres, a beam of 15.2 metres and a maximum sailing draught of 5.68 metres.
Scot Explorer will be powered by an MaK engine.
The vessel is expected to be launched in the third quarter of 2019.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Pakistani sailors rescued from burning tanker anchored off Lagos
- Svitzer Australia christens newest tug
- Damen, Van Wijngaarden sign workboat contract
- Austal delivers fourth Guardian-class patrol boat to Australian Department of Defence
- Neptune Marine delivers ice-class multi-purpose tug to Beluga Projects Logistic