Mitsui E&S Shipbuilding (MES-SC), in partnership with Yangzijiang Shipbuilding (YZJ) and Mitsui and Co (Mitsui), has entered into a shareholder’s agreement to establish a new joint venture to operate a shipbuilding business.
The new company will aim to build a globally competitive shipbuilding business by combining YZJ’s production capacity, Mitsui’s sales capabilities, and MES-SC’s production technology.
The joint venture’s operations are expected to commence in April 2019.
- CSSC Chengxi delivers first of 10 bulkers for Bank of Communications
- Huangpu Wenchong awarded research ship contract
- FEATURE | Should nuclear-powered submarines be part of Australia’s future?
- Ouyang Offshore takes delivery of wind turbine installation vessel
- Jiangsu Zhenjiang launches 48,500DWT bulker
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | John Duigan – King Island’s new purpose-built landing craft
- Philippine Coast Guard commissions first two 24m patrol boats
- VESSEL REVIEW | Cap de Fer – Vittoria Shipyard returns to tug building
- CMA CGM containership crashes into dock near Mumbai
- Karstensens delivers pelagic trawler to Irish owner