Keppel has terminated its management services agreement and technical services agreement at Baku Shipyard.
Keppel joined with the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) and the Azerbaijan Investment Company (AIC) to launch the Azerbaijan shipbuilding and ship repair facility in 2013.
Management of Baku Shipyard has been handed over to SOCAR but Keppel continues to maintain an indirect shareholding interest of 8.5 per cent in the shipyard.
The contract terminations will not have any material impact on the net tangible assets and earnings per share of Keppel for the financial year ending December 31, 2018.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west
- VESSEL REVIEW | Njord Zenith – BMT’s new crewboat for Njord Offshore
- Australia set to stop northern summer sheep exports
- VESSEL REVIEW | Sea Express II – SeaCat Ships’ new 29-metre Caribbean eco-ferry