Global certification firm Bureau Veritas has advanced to issuing classification and statutory e-certificates following successful pilots with ship owners and flag states.
The digital certificates can be issued on behalf of 52 flag states, representing 72 per cent of the Bureau Veritas-classed fleet.
The e-certificates can be delivered by email or accessed by the My VeriSTAR mobile application and the VeriSTAR information desktop portal.
Vice-President Patrick Le-Dily said Bureau Veritas implemented the electronic signature feature of the digital certificates after working with electronic signature company Cert Europe.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- Okskaya Sudoverf lays keel of fourth Project RSD32M dry cargo carrier
- General Dynamics Electric Boat awarded US$481 million for continued development of US Navy's next ballistic-missile submarine
- New icebreaker for Australia floated out at Damen Shipyards Galati
- Oren Shipbuilding delivers four survey boats to Dubai
- Parkol Marine Engineering launches 20m scalloper for Isle of Islay