Global certification firm Bureau Veritas has advanced to issuing classification and statutory e-certificates following successful pilots with ship owners and flag states.
The digital certificates can be issued on behalf of 52 flag states, representing 72 per cent of the Bureau Veritas-classed fleet.
The e-certificates can be delivered by email or accessed by the My VeriSTAR mobile application and the VeriSTAR information desktop portal.
Vice-President Patrick Le-Dily said Bureau Veritas implemented the electronic signature feature of the digital certificates after working with electronic signature company Cert Europe.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | Raju – Estonia’s new pollution-combating hybrid patrol ship
- VESSEL REVIEW | Kingston – Versatile Damen CSD for South Australian council
- VESSEL REVIEW | Bona Fide – Shrimps beware
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west