Cargotec has strengthened its subsidiary MacGregor by acquiring the marine and offshore business from cargo-handling firm TTS Group.
MacGregor President Michel van Roozendaal said the €87 million (US$108 million) deal will strengthen MacGregor's portfolio and market position in key markets for cargo and load-handling equipment.
It will also strengthen MacGregor’s position in China through the strategic joint ventures with Chinese state-owned ship building companies CSSC Offshore and Marine Engineering and CSIC.
TTS Group's main products include cargo handling and offshore cranes, Ro-Ro access systems, hatch covers, winches and related services.
The acquisition is subject to regulatory approvals, which are expected to be delivered in the third quarter of 2018.
Latest from Baird Maritime
- VESSEL REVIEW | 455298 – High-spec police landing craft for remote Australia
- VESSEL REVIEW | Anse Bleue and Cap Salomon – France looks east to serve west
- VESSEL REVIEW | Njord Zenith – BMT’s new crewboat for Njord Offshore
- Australia set to stop northern summer sheep exports
- VESSEL REVIEW | Sea Express II – SeaCat Ships’ new 29-metre Caribbean eco-ferry