MHI Vestas Offshore Wind recently launched the wind industry's first commercially available double-digit wind turbine.
This comes after the company's V164 8 MW turbine platform achieved a power rating of 10 MW.
The upgrades required to reach the new level include a stronger gearbox, some minor mechanical upgrades, and a small design change to enhance air flow and increase cooling power in the converter.
These upgrades ensure that MHI Vestas can run the V164-10.0 MW at full power, at a site with wind speeds of 10 metres per second, for 25 years.
Latest from Baird Maritime Gear Editor
- Cruise Ship Interiors Expo Miami announces its first conference speakers
- MJP takes first order for new "X series" waterjets
- Ares Shipyard and Thyssenkrupp Marine Systems join forces for prospective international programs
- MAN wins seven-vessel factory trawler engine contracts
- Vigor selects MJP waterjets for MSV(L)