MHI Vestas Offshore Wind recently launched the wind industry's first commercially available double-digit wind turbine.
This comes after the company's V164 8 MW turbine platform achieved a power rating of 10 MW.
The upgrades required to reach the new level include a stronger gearbox, some minor mechanical upgrades, and a small design change to enhance air flow and increase cooling power in the converter.
These upgrades ensure that MHI Vestas can run the V164-10.0 MW at full power, at a site with wind speeds of 10 metres per second, for 25 years.
Latest from Baird Maritime Gear Editor
- Hamiltonjet secures multi-year project with Taiwanese Coast Guard
- GEAR | Volvo Penta D13-400s provide fuel savings and reliability
- MAN Engines releases first IMO Tier III engines for workboats
- Schottel expands range of high-performance nozzles
- The Singapore Branch of The Nautical Institute announces speaker line-up for its annual conference