Finnish scrubber manufacturer Langh Tech has closed a deal to deliver SOx scrubber systems for 12 vessels owned by Danish shipping company Dampskibsselskabet Norden.
Langh Tech will supply for retrofit of four tankers and eight bulk carriers in the Norden fleet with SOx scrubbers of open loop-type.
The tankers have two boilers and a total of six exhaust gas sources are connected to the scrubber. The automation is designed to enable the scrubber plant to be operated in two exhaust gas cleaning modes corresponding to 0.1 or 0.5 per cent sulphur in the fuel. This means compliance for the vessels with as well ECA and global regulations regarding SOx emissions.
Latest from Baird Maritime Gear Editor
- Cruise Ship Interiors Expo Miami announces its first conference speakers
- MJP takes first order for new "X series" waterjets
- Ares Shipyard and Thyssenkrupp Marine Systems join forces for prospective international programs
- MHI Vestas launches first 10 MW wind turbine in history
- MAN wins seven-vessel factory trawler engine contracts