Finnish scrubber manufacturer Langh Tech has closed a deal to deliver SOx scrubber systems for 12 vessels owned by Danish shipping company Dampskibsselskabet Norden.
Langh Tech will supply for retrofit of four tankers and eight bulk carriers in the Norden fleet with SOx scrubbers of open loop-type.
The tankers have two boilers and a total of six exhaust gas sources are connected to the scrubber. The automation is designed to enable the scrubber plant to be operated in two exhaust gas cleaning modes corresponding to 0.1 or 0.5 per cent sulphur in the fuel. This means compliance for the vessels with as well ECA and global regulations regarding SOx emissions.
Latest from Baird Maritime Gear Editor
- VOLVO PENTA DEMONSTRATION DAY | New heavy duty ratings plus IMO III concept for the D8 engine
- Hamiltonjet secures multi-year project with Taiwanese Coast Guard
- GEAR | Volvo Penta D13-400s provide fuel savings and reliability
- MAN Engines releases first IMO Tier III engines for workboats
- Schottel expands range of high-performance nozzles