Nigerian offshore services company LATC Marine has fitted an Ampelmann motion-compensated gangway system to its fast crew supply vessel.
Installed in the Gulf of Guinea, the L-type gangway system was fitted to a 50-metre Damen fast crew supplier at Port Harcourt.
Damen Business Development Manager David Stibbe said other vessels were likely to benefit from the proof-of-concept effect.
“It represents a major step change away from the traditional swing-roping transfer technique used in this area, and we hope marks the start of a wider move towards safer and more efficient transfers in the region,” said Mr Stibbe.
Latest from Baird Maritime Gear Editor
- VOLVO PENTA DEMONSTRATION DAY | New heavy duty ratings plus IMO III concept for the D8 engine
- Hamiltonjet secures multi-year project with Taiwanese Coast Guard
- GEAR | Volvo Penta D13-400s provide fuel savings and reliability
- MAN Engines releases first IMO Tier III engines for workboats
- Schottel expands range of high-performance nozzles